I wondered what’s the current status of the 7 MSC flagships. The official updates status was as of one year ago, I’d guess they’ll update that just in time (JIT) before the next MSC Expo in September 2005. 😉 Excerpts of that with some additional notes of mine …
- Electronic Government – “PMS (Operational System, Managerial Functions and Knowledge Base Repository) is currently operational in all agencies … [HRMIS] 13 out of 15 modules has been rolled out to 10 pilot agencies (JPA, MAMPU, PMâ€™s Office, Jabatan Pengairan & Saliran, MoH, Jab. Perkhidmatan Haiwan, MARA, DBKL, PKNS and Jab. Ketua Menteri Sarawak) … [GOE] Completed roll-out site preparation for 14 agencies with 3,086 users … [EP] Central Contract, Supplier Registration modules and interface with Elektronik Sistem Perancangan dan Kawalan Belanjawan (eSPKB) completed … [E-Services] 27 kiosks have been fully operational â€“ 12 in Klang Valley and 15 outside of Klang Valley … [ELX] Project completed nationwide … [E-Syariah] 83% of Phase 3 have been completed. SPKMS has been rolled-out to 102 locations throughout the nation.” E-Services access either MyEG or Rilek service providers.
- Multipurpose Card – aka MyKad. “All main [GMPC] deliverables completed (ID, Driving License, Passport, E-cash, ATM, Touch nâ€™ Go, Health Information and Public Key Infrastructure). 9.9 million [GMPC] cards issued. 8.97 million [PMPC] Bankcards have been issued (as of 1 March 2004). 3,422 (84%) ATMs have been upgraded to accept ATM application in MyKad. 3,986 (100%) ATMs for domestic banks have been upgraded to accept Bankcard. 5 Banking institutions in total of 160 branches were available to issue ATM application in MyKad are as follows: Bumiputra-Commerce Bank, Maybank, Public bank, Bank Islam, Citibank.” JPN’s GMPC MyKad main site.
- Smart School – “Various options for a cost-effective roll-out model leveraging on Computer Lab and SchoolNet projects was presented to the Smart School Steering Committee Meeting on 5 April 2004.“
- Telehealth – “Read & write Health Data on MyKad: MOH decided to pilot at the Putrajaya Clinic.“. Website www.telehealth.com.my unreachable, domain still active under MDC. Worldcare site regarding Teleconsultation is active.
- R&D Clusters – “MSC R&D Grant Scheme (MGS) Types of project funded … Awards garnered by MGS-Recipient Companies …“
- E-Business – “Retail Sector : Efficient Consumer Response â€“ Central Item Repository (ECR-CIR) Project … Letter of Intent issued to the successful RO – Tradenex. com Sdn Bhd.“
- Technopreneur Development – “National Unipreneur Development Program (NUDP) … National Lead Generation Program (NLGP) … National Incubation Development Program (NIDP) … Centre for Health Innovation & Medical Enterprises (CHIME) … BATIC Technology Labs … MSC Technopreneurship Centre (MSC-TeC) … International Representation Program (IR) … Strategic Partnership Program (SP) …“
- MyEG Services – MY EG Dot Com Sdn Bhd provides EG E-Services login, including eDriver, ePerolehan and Islam Hadhari.
- Rilek – Konsortium Multimedia Swasta Swasta Sdn Bhd (KOMMS) provides EG eServices login, ePerolehan and payment gateways.
- EG HRMIS – JPA and EG HRMIS team website.
- Asean Communications & Multimedia Expo & Forum – ACM 2005 will be 6 – 9 September 2005 at Malaysia International Exhibition & Showroom (MINES), Sungei Besi. No mention of concurrent holding of MSC Expo 2005, yet. ACM 2004 and MSC Expo 2004 was concurrently held at same place on 2 – 9 September 2004.
- MDC for all Malaysians? – Jeff Ooi on 27 April 2005 wrote, “Subsequent to a Star exclusive (April 20), The Edge FinancialDaily yesterday disclosed the composition of new Board of Directors at MDC, who are government appointees culled from among industry chieftains …“
- Almost entire MDC board to be replaced in overhaul The Star on 20 April 2005 reported, “Almost the entire board of the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDC) –the body tasked with overseeing the country’s leap into the digital age–is to be replaced as part of the Government’s move to revitalise its multimedia thrust … The technology world and the definition of the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) have changed. The new board must be able to move the MDC and MSC towards these changes.“
- New-speak: ‘Phase 2’ – Jeff Ooi on 12 September 2004 wrote, “MSC is in Phase Two. Vision 2020 is in Phase Two.“
- The Launch Of The Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) Next LeapThe Launch Of The Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) Next Leap – Dato Seri Abdullah Badawi on 3 July 2004 gave a speech, “The next leap of the MSC will see the creation of new MSC Cybercities and Cybercentres as part of the strategy to roll-out the MSC to other parts of the country …“
- The Naked Card – TV Smith on 15 July 2003 wrote, “The multi-purpose MyKad is the latest version of our perpetually metamorphosing IC. With an embedded smart chip, it can also store our medical history, driver’s license, act as an ATM card, serve as an electronic purse and even be used at the National Library. However, a recent experience by a holder brought to light the questionable control on access, potential information abuse and privacy infringement. As the belated debate rages on, I can foresee a likely scenario when ordering pizzas in the near future…“
- MSC’s telehealth flagship in disarray – Jeff Ooi on 7 July 2003 wrote, “The NST Business Times reports today that Medical Online Sdn Bhd, the company awarded with the contract to develop key components in the telehealth flagship, is in financial deep waters.“